Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

2014 IXCR Father's day race.

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by bluesmanjesse, Jun 18, 2014.

1. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

My good buddy is in this mess somewhere on his KTM Dirtbike, pretty cool video....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
  2. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Awesome vid jesse, Most fun I ever had with my cloths on, I raced for 3 years hard, Local Mid East Hare scrambles, NCSHA, and ran about 6 GNCC races. The Mid east and Gncc had ATV's, I always said it was to expensive to race Atv, sxs because I would have to buy 2 of everything. I got re married, it got to expensive traveling and Entry fees, I was dropping 200 a weekend racing, My KTM 300 and 520 exc never let me down, Both were cheap to keep up and always ran at top notch performance. Never turned the first wrench on engine or Tranny. Just general maintenance.. Love the quality. Cost up front was more but it really is a Race ready bike off the show room floor. I will be cleaning my carb soon and firing the beast back up again. Thanks for bringing back good memories. I found out early on I wasn't fast enough to make it pro or make a living out of riding , racing all the time..But Damn it was fun while it all lasted.

3. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

James I knew you'd like that vid. My buddy rides KTM exclusively. He's got sponsors so it helps a little but he stills drops some cash. He's semi pro, ran pot for a couple years I guess. He's 29, says he's over the hill and too old for pro now.

4. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Ole yes..lots of fun. Thanks for posting. Hammer and a few
    others are dirt bikers tooo. Semi pro is no easy task..them guys
    are fast. Tell him shane watts lives just a hour up the road from me. Ive riden with him once. He can make a dirt bike go like majic carpet. I also ridden with barry hawk some Gncc racers.
    rodney smith. scott summers. There all amazing to watch.
    i never went after sponsers. wasnt fast enough.. just had a few local shops helping with parts..tires.chains.sprockets ect.. really miss racing and hanging out with friends. Thinking back to my 30's makes me feel old..err

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014