Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

A friend just bought 2 new 2016 RZR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by liquid1, Aug 6, 2016.

1. liquid1

liquid1 Member

A friend just traded his wifes 400 ace in for a 900S and he traded his 800 rzr in for a 1K XP.
    He just texted me from his first trip out in there new Sxs's, Said the 1K is Insanely fast 110 HP long travel Walker Evans worked amazing. Him and his wife and kid all ride together, Very awesome Family, I'm trying to get him to join Rocks and Ruts. He bought them both at my local Yamaha , Polaris dealer 1 min from me, Said they give them the best deal out of 2 months calling every dealer in NC checking prices. His 800 was rock solid and they have it out front now. He wanted a Yamaha YZX as he is a Yamaha guy, His friends with them have been having clutch issues here on the east coast, So he decided to get the 2016 1K XP..He loves it said its scary fast , I hope to get to take it for a spin or my cousins soon.

Attached Files:

2. NCMudman

NCMudman Member

Gonna cause you to want to get a SxS all the more!! I remember driving Scott's (blackbird) and man it was so amazing! I didn't get on it hardly at all but it could break the rear end loose with ease. And such a smooth ride for sure

3. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Very true, Even his 2014 800 looks mint, He wanted the easier to get to Maintenance Prostar engines, His Father in Law has last years Hi lifter edition
    They ride a lot, Maybe not as rough as some do on here, But ride HMT and Spearhead all the time, There Polaris machines have been good to them for sure. I couldn't imagine dropping 38K for 2 new machines if I didn't love the sport and like the Brand of machines like he did. The Ace rode a little rough and he just wanted more power than the 800 rzr had. They live up towards West Jefferson so I doubt he will ever see WOT.. :wee_hee:

NCMudman and My 660 like this.
  4. My 660

My 660 Site Supporter

James, Hap purchased his 900S back in September along the same time I got my Teryx T2. Another rider we ride with just purchased the RZR 1000 XP and she rode it on the last ride. Neither the 900S or the 1000XP is lacking for any power and would be a great choice. I could imagine the 1000XP will have its advantages, and it is also a foot longer and six inches wider that will affect the handling, but all will be positive, especially with the larger and more dynamic Walker Shocks.

I will be riding with them both in a couple of weeks along with another rider friend that purchased the New Polaris General. This will be his first time out to WV with the General. We will be in the Bramwell area and not too far from you. The house is full, but the Saturday 20 day ride might be in order if you want to check out any of the three. Just let me know...MD

Dara 1000 XP.jpg IMG_1580.JPG 12038599_10200990206435416_8343630429917973510_o.jpg

5. Timmi

Timmi Site Supporter

I like the body style on the General. Yamaha needs to build something like that.

liquid1 and My 660 like this.
  6. My 660

My 660 Site Supporter

Timmi, I will agree with you. The General has a little different look and I kind of like it too...MD

liquid1 likes this.
  7. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Mike. Thanks for the info. I eould love to get back up there soon. Seems like the 900s and 1k are a good combo. My cousin and uncle has the same. I like the general also. The prostar engines seem to be top notch. Has anyone seen the XC 900 S now that would be a fun buggy ..

Butch450 likes this.
  8. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't mind having a go with the S 1000 EPS (900 body with the 1000 engine.) but last years model as I hate the new colors lol. James the XC 900 is priced just a few hundred less than the S1000.

liquid1 likes this.
  9. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Yea I would for sure go for more engine, No replacement for Displacement.. :72: I have yet tapped a pedal on the 1K. :41:

10. blackbirdxp1k

blackbirdxp1k Site Supporter

You will like the power when you do lol I like the general as well. I want to keep the xp and add a general to blackbird. Be nice combination. I'd just have make the general work cause got less legroom than my xp.

Josh you could gave it more gas I wouldn't of cared lol. I'm surprised you haven't gotten your way into some sxs yet

NCMudman and liquid1 like this.