Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Adding Images In Posts

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Butch450, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Posted this on Teryx Central and figured I would just copy and paste it here instead of creating a whole new post with new images...

There are a few different ways to add images to your posts. When adding images please keep in mind that the maximum size allowed is 1024x768. 1st start a new thread (or post reply) and then if you want to add an image and have the URL you can simply click the image icon and paste the image URL in the pop up box. Then click "insert" to post the image.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

You can also paste the URL and wrap IMG Tags around it directly into the post...

[​IMG]

Also you can drag and drop images from other sites. The following image is dragged and dropped from our sister site Rocksandruts.com...

[​IMG]

To upload images from your computer 1st you click the "Upload a File" button under the post editor box and it will open your computers browser. Then simply click the image you want and hit "Upload". Once uploaded you can insert the image as a "Thumbnail" or "Full Image"...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ...

and what the thumbnail and full size image would like like...
    017.JPG

017.JPG

You can also upload images from your smart phones and tablets the same way as described above. Just keep in mind you will need to resize the image to 1024x768 or less and depending on what operating system your phone is using there may be a few extra steps to select the image on the device itself. The following image was uploaded from my MotoX...
    Screenshot_2015-01-27-16-52-48.png

As with uploading via your computer you also have the same choice of thumbnail or full image when using your phone or tablet...
    Screenshot_2015-01-27-16-52-48.png

So as you can see there are many different ways to add images in posts and since this site is utilizing a responsive theme and xenforo software a service like Tapatalk is no longer needed to posts images from your mobile devices!

Please post any questions or issues you may experience while adding images.

ponti1, My 660, Gunny and 2 others like this.
  2. My 660

My 660 Site Supporter

I'll see how far I get. IMG_0890.JPG

thegrizz likes this.
  3. My 660

My 660 Site Supporter

I have never been able to add a photo from my computer at this size before. As I remember, I did have a choice of thumb nail or full size. I hope it is OK to post the photo the way I did. Maybe on multiple photos, the thumbnail might be better. Still learning. If I did the above wrong, please let me know so I can correct...MD

thegrizz likes this.
  4. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

It's all good. You are restricted to 1024 size as a basic. This should be more than adequate for most. I personally would rather see the full size image rather than have to click a thumbnail.

My 660 likes this.
  5. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

image.jpg

Wasn't sure on the size of this file on my phone but it seems to work.

My 660, thegrizz and Butch450 like this.
  6. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm gonna try another, I like this straight from phone option!

image.jpg

7. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Pretty nifty huh?

bluesmanjesse likes this.
  8. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

Yep. That was one of our buying points. Well...mine anyway.

bluesmanjesse likes this.
  9. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

I have discovered an issue that likely due to memory on the older iOS devices particularly my iPad 2 running iOS 8+. It will crash the Safari browsers every time. Personally I think its a memory issue on the device primarily being the processor isn't optimized for the shitty iOS 8.

The work around...I downloaded Chrome and it seems to work stable.

10. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

I haven't had any problems on my new iphone 6+ yet in Safari, I'll let you know if that changes.

11. My 660

My 660 Site Supporter

Trying a multiple photo post using thumbnails. Crossing the Crick. This is all new to me...MD
    IMG_0923.JPG IMG_0923.JPG IMG_0925.JPG IMG_0926.JPG IMG_0927.JPG

Butch450 and thegrizz like this.
  12. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

You shouldn't. The older devices (pre retina) had a different processor rate. iOS 8+ doesn't run well on the older processors. My iPad literally runs like crap on most sites. Same for my iPhone 4s. In fact, I'll never buy another Apple product again due to these issues.

13. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Only thing I would like to add is for everyone to try and remember to hit carriage return [enter key] after your text and then add your images and videos. Even if your adding multiple sentences each with a video or thumbnail within a paragraph. This is more for viewing on pc's since the theme is so much wider than the old one. Of course the images will post either way but it looks so much better when thumbnails and videos are not posted inline with a sentence. And I don't mean one sentence and then all the images as that will look okay at least on mobile, I mean one sentence where there is 3 words then an image with 3 more words with a video and then 2 more images with some more text, all as one long sentence, or paragraph. Full size images should automatically post to the next line. I'ts not really a big deal but more of a pet peeve of mine lol.

bluesmanjesse and My 660 like this.