Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Camo4u ATV Camo Wraps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkn, Jun 25, 2012.

1. darkn

darkn New Member

Curious to see if anyone has camo wrapped their plastics like these:

http://www.camo4u.com

I especially like the pink Muddy Girl Camo they have...

2. MTGRIZZ700

MTGRIZZ700 Member

lol my grizz is already camo and if i didnt paint the rims silver i probly would never find lol hahahhahah gotta love CAMO

3. Woodbooger

Woodbooger Site Supporter

It's about a 400 dollar difference in price for a new ride from the factory and these run between 125 to 150 and you have choice of what kind of camo you get. I think its a great idea. The only thing that has me concerned is what kind of material is it made out of and how well will it hold up to the abuse of woods and wet rides. Applying it would most likely suck too. Very time consuming and your plastics need to be extremely clean. That being said I think I would consider buying these over spending the extra 400 on a new ride.

4. RTxmr800

RTxmr800 Member

I have something like that on mine.. As far as durability goes its second to none.. As far as applying goes make sure you have a punching bag handy cuz it is a big pain in the ASS!!!!!!

bluesmanjesse likes this.
  5. Gunny

Gunny Site Supporter

I used that camo cloth rolls that Cabelas sells once. It actually wasn't to bad, and at $60 it was cheap. Held up real nice, but it wasn't "slick" so mud would stick to it real bad.

Then I had some CamoClad 3M graphics (like what you're looking at) put on the plastics of my 03 660 ... I paid to have it installed ... when I went to pick up the plastics I told the guy they were a POS & I wanted it redone. The second time wasn't much better. That cost me about $360. ........ And I still have those fenders & gas tank cover if someone is interested ??

Finally, I had a set of fenders & gas tank cover I bought Hydro-Dipped. The cost was $600 ... but well worth it. Had it done in Vietnam Tiger Stripe .... Looked awesome !!

6. Woodbooger

Correction, between the green and blue grizzly's its a $200 difference and between the blue and camo one its a $300 dollar difference.

They no longer sell Camoclad 3M graphics but I do wonder if they look that bad when installed and how well they hold up. Gunny you said you had yours Hydro-dipped. If you dont mind me asking where did you have that done?

7. Gunny

Gunny Site Supporter

Woody Guy .... I think if a guy took his TIME, he could do a pretty good job with that graphics material. The guy I had do mine tried to do some shortcuts I believe, & when it (the weather) got cold, then the material started to shrink a little & down in the folds & gullies of the plastic is where I started to have problems. HOWEVER .... from a small distance, it still looks pretty good.

The Hydro-Dipping I had done was local (if 80 miles one way is local) .... but what I did is a google search for Hydro-Dipping in my area & located the business that way. Give it a try for the PA area ... and remember, if ya have to ship the fenders, that's another HUGE cost.

8. Woodbooger

9. 04660limited

04660limited Site Supporter

i am kinda digging that mossy oak winter camo. there is a set of green fenders here local that i can pick up pretty cheap...:97: i know winter camo in florida, but i am all about contradiction and sarcasm so...

10. Woodbooger

Found a place in Bethel PA. Price for ATV is 650. Not bad for something completely unique.

11. Jfer

Jfer Site Supporter

Yes it did look AWESOME.

[​IMG]

12. Gunny

Gunny Site Supporter

Nah, that's a "Bumble Bee" ... dang good look'in however. The guy who use to own that went by the name "Koko" ..... that was a well setup Grizz.

The Mossy Oak Winter Camo would be awesome. I know when I had my bike done, I had six or seven patterns picked out. It was tough picking just "One" .... I didn't make up my mind until I actually walked thru the door of the business .... but even then I hesitated cause he had a sled he was doing in a "Carbon Fiber" look with some other graphics .... it was tough trying to pick just the right one !!

$650 is a great price I thiink. And YES, you can pick out any pattern ... and not just camo ... and be Very Unique !!

The Hydro-Dipping holds up well too. I took myGrizz to Moag & hit it up against some rocks & the scraps just blended in & make it look even better.

13. Gunny

Gunny Site Supporter

THANKS for putt'in that up Jfer .... and the kind words !!

14. RTxmr800

RTxmr800 Member

I remember the hole process of gunny choosing a color... and if memory serves I called what he was going to do it in ! I have been looking for a set of fenders fer a while that are local so that I can have them dipped...

15. Grumpy

Grumpy Site Supporter

If you had a silver Grizzly then it you don't need camo. It's so fast that even standing still it's a speeding bullet! :57:

16. Gunny

Gunny Site Supporter

Well dude .... I have a complete set of fenders & gas tank cover just looking for an owner ............ so if you're ever interested ..........

17. Gunny

Gunny Site Supporter

Dude .... you are SOOOO full of it !! :19:

18. Grumpy

Grumpy Site Supporter

Coming from the king of "full of it" I'll take that as a complement! :laughing4:

19. Gunny

Gunny Site Supporter

:rotfl: ... :rotfl: ... :rotfl: ......... :smiley_confused1: ................................. :93:

20. RTxmr800

RTxmr800 Member

Ill keep that in mind but with the shipping fees from ol'utesville id prob be into the plastics for close to a grand which i dont think i could stomach ! :sign0137::violent4: