Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Cleaning the RZR

Discussion in 'Members Rigs' started by My 660, May 31, 2014.

1. My 660

My 660 Site Supporter

I rode the recently acquired 800 RZR today in the heavy mud conditions at CAW.

After what seemed like all afternoon, I am not sure I am going to enjoy a ride that takes that long to clean. I have never seen so many creavices for mud to gather. It is all connected. The mud that gets washed out from the back collects in the battery compartmenr and floor and the from the front collects in the front also.

What is the secret to making it just a little more easier. Maybe a fire hose flowing 100 gpm might help...MD

2. Timmi

Timmi Site Supporter

welcome to utv ownership! now you see why mine is seldom real clean!

3. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Mike, I don't own a sxs yet, but I have always used Spray silocone or WD-40 after a wash, soak it good, plus it puts a sheen on.. its what most of us used on our dirt bikes, just be careful around decals, Its like using cooking pam that keeps stuff from sticking to the frying pan.

4. Timmi

Timmi Site Supporter

the problem with most stuff that makes it shine is that it also collects dust/dirt. I use lps-3 on some of the undercarriage stuff since it comes off when you ride it anyway

5. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

The Rhino isn't bad after a mud boggin day, I usually stop at the local car wash and hit the bad stuff with the power washer, them bring it home and finish it up. Don't think I always get it all, lol..... But it's just going to get dirt again anyway.

6. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

My Teryx isn't nearly as bad to clean as my RZR was, you'll find the pockets in front of the rear wheels and the sides behind the front wheels will fill up with mud too on a RZR. The fact that the hood and bed tilt up on the Teryx makes it much much easier to hose off. My RZR was always running around with 50-60lbs of extra mud weight in it,lol.

7. Timmi

Timmi Site Supporter

yea that's the only bad place. I have some material to make some covers if I ever get to it.

8. My 660

My 660 Site Supporter

Thanks for all the cleaning tips. I'll figure out a few short cuts and it will all work out for awhile at least...MD