Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

DWT Diablo Beadlock Wheel Updated Impressions and Review

Discussion in 'Tires and Wheels' started by Butch450, May 17, 2012.

1. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

i've witnessed these being put thru hell. they did well and looked great doing it!

3. MattN03

MattN03 Site Supporter

Butch, I know this is a old post, but how would you compare these to the No Limit Wheels? I'm looking for wheels for my T4 with more offset than factory.

Anyone else have any experience with these or the No Limit Wheels?

4. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Matt the Diablos are true 4+3 for the 450 so they really made the 450 extra wide. The NL Wheels for the 450 were made closer to factory offsets with 8" 6+2 rears and 6" 5+1 fronts. From what I remember NLW tries to match each manufacturers offset closely so they won't stick out as wide as the diablos but they are a little wider than stock. The Diablo beadlocks in black would be the better choice than the machined simply because the clearcoat on the machined gets scratched up and moisture than seaps under the clearcoat and pits the wheel over time. Other than that they are extremely tough wheels and took a beating from me. Depending on your tire choice the wheel lip on the NLW might not be protected as they are very thick. The PB Rockers protected them but that's only because the rockers have the extra deep rim guard protection. With any beadlock you don't have to worry much since the rings take the beating and can be replaced without buying a whole new wheel.

If you are looking at beadlocks be sure to check out the STI's also. They are very affordable and so far they have been holding up great.