Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Endings and new beginnings, and a new ride.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bluesmanjesse, Jan 7, 2017.

1. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

So a few of you already know I have recently picked up a new ride, I haven't really advertised it much yet. I've been thinking about a Wolverine ever since I drove Jack's last fall, it's a very nice ride, def smoother than the Teryx. With my lower back issues a smooth ride has rocketed to the top of my priority list. Like I said I've been considering a Wolvy for a while and I had an issue recently with the Teryx that pushed me over the edge. The Teryx has been utterly reliable up until now and I'm not sure the problem I had was Kawi's fault or mine. It got dust past the air filter somehow and it dusted the top end of the engine, basically trashed the motor. Now to Kawi's credit they're currently replacing everything from the pistons on up and they're doing it two months after my warranty had expired. So Kawi as a company I couldn't ask for more and I'd still recommend a Teryx to any of my friends, they are very tough capable machines!

Now having said all that I feel guilty switching back to Yamaha after Kawasaki has been so good to me as a customer but Kawi just doesn't offer a vehicle to suit my needs right now so the Wolvy gets the nod. I found a leftover 2016 Wolverine SE that I got a great deal on and I jumped on it. I've only gotten to ride it twice but so far I'm loving it. Power wise the Teryx has a little more low end but overall in a drag race the Teryx and the Wolvy end up almost neck and neck every time. The Teryx has better storage in the 2 seat configuration and it's built like a tank but the Wolverine is a quality built vehicle too and the ride is far and away better than the Teryx, I think with a few little mods I'll really be well suited with the Wolverine.

15823549_1580526471974315_9006003578141890551_n.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_3328.JPG
    IMG_3329.JPG

liquid1, Gyrene, ponti1 and 4 others like this.
  2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

I know you'll miss the storage space that the T2 had, but you're gonna love the Wolverine.

Hopefully there's plenty more memories to be made with these 2 machines!
    20161229_135747.jpg

liquid1, Gyrene, NCMudman and 2 others like this.
  3. Timmi

Timmi Site Supporter

I am very happy with mine also. Yamaha doesn't have all the accessories or features of Polaris but they are very high quality. Make sure your cvt tubes are sealed, there is one connection that collapses or did on the first models and the seams need to be filed smooth. Also make sure the rear differential vent tube is secure, some slide out of the loop allowing the open end to fall to the diff shield and get clogged. I read about other problems on forums and groups but I have to think many of those are self induced from riding mud holes and huge tires. The shocks and suspension travel are awesome for a machine of that price.

4. MattN03

MattN03 Site Supporter

Sorry to hear about the Teryx Jesse. Glad Kawi is fixing it though. Wolverine looks like a nice ride!

5. Gyrene

Gyrene Site Supporter

Congratulations again on the new ride Jesse!

I like the colors, definitely a sharp looking ride...

liquid1 and bluesmanjesse like this.
  6. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Terry, it's exciting to have a new project and a clean slate to customize. On the other hand I've got a lot of work to do, lol.

MattN03 likes this.
  7. blackbirdxp1k

blackbirdxp1k Site Supporter

Congrats on your new ride. I like that color option.

bluesmanjesse likes this.
  8. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Congrats on the new scoot, I'm really digging the Colors.Very nice.. I know the Trex has been a solid machine for you. the suspension on the wolvy
    must be a bit more plush. sweeet.

9. DLB

DLB Site Supporter

I haven't checked in for awhile, so first I'm hearing about your Teryx. That sucks about the engine, but glad Kawi took care of you. I had a similar thing happen to mine about 5 years ago when the UNI filter I was using lost it's seal and let dust past. I was lucky I caught it quickly and no damage was done to the top end. Enjoy the new ride!

10. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

A Uni is what they put back in it, I also have a Uni for the Wolverine, hopefully I have no problems with it.

11. Timmi

Timmi Site Supporter

I have the UNI in mine also