Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

JBS HotRod Style Sheave Review Grizzly 660

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Hammer, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

2. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Great write up Jack. My thoughts when I initially had another companies sheave installed were about the same. Still couldn't pull wheelies, but the 450 pulled way better throughout the entire range. Now that I have these heavy ass Rockers on it is very apparent what the clutch work did for me, as I don't believe I would have been able to pull them and still have plenty of power without some clutch mods.

3. cubbee

cubbee Site Supporter

Nice write up! We have been thinking of getting something for our 450 Kodiak. Thanks for the info.

4. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Great write up Jack, it does a real good job of letting people know what to expect if they buy a kit and that's exactly what people want to know. Now if JBS would just do a kit for a RZR.... ;)

5. wvhotrodrhino

wvhotrodrhino Preferred Vendor

Nice write up!!!..glad you like it..we have a web coming soon too!!..any clutch questions feel free to call me no matter what brand clutch..i will help if i can

6. wvhotrodrhino

sometimes when all the bottom end doesnt feel like its there it can be from other worn parts...the wet clutch plays a big role in it.and the fixed.even if you add more bottom end power your not gonna feel all of it if the wet clutch is slipping some...just something to think about

7. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Thanks jack for the great review..Sounds like a kit that would benefit my 450's top end and bottom end grunt. 3 to 6 mph top end with more grunt is Impressive. my 450 screaming top end is 55mph If I could get 60 to 65 mph and more rip on Bottom end it would feel like a New Engine and machine..:86:

8. Gyrene

Gyrene Site Supporter

Great review Jack!!!

Glad to hear you're liking it...

Bobby and I have got to get our pennies saved to get our JBS Sheaves, his for the Griz and mine for the Rhino. Seems like Vacation and riding trips keep taking my $$$ and Bobby's old 1979 Toyota is taking all his $$$ right now....

Those heavy and larger Pitbulls really sapped the bottom end with his stock clutch and the Rhino IMHO is geared a little too high for my liking in low range and I can't believe it's limited to 40 mph in stock form. Can't wait to give James the call to place an order.

We're about to get back on our feet and get our orders placed soon I hope (next 2 or 3 weeks)...

9. Grumpy

Grumpy Site Supporter

Great review Hammer Man!

I couldn't of said it better... that's exactly what my experience has been with mt JBS Kit on my 700. Not earth shattering but, just what the Grizzly needed after adding my 26.5" Growlers! Smooth, powerful and consistent! :great:

10. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Thats a good point James. changing one part doesn't make the whole system new! my wet clutch is the original with over 6000 miles on it. also, i did not replace the belt when i installed this sheave. mine is still well within spec, but does have more than a few miles on it.

11. wvhotrodrhino

we notice a lot bigger difference on the low mileage bikes for that reason...the first 660 i done had a worn wet clutch and i was disappointed after doing it compared to the 700 i had done...this was about 3 years ago.... then i did another with a new wet clutch and there was no comparison when the change was made on it....let me know if you need a gasket to check it out

12. wvhotrodrhino

you should bring it up and let me go over it then go for a ride!!!

13. Poseidon

Poseidon Member

There is also a lot bigger difference going from stock to the JBS than from another clutch kit to JBS I'm sure. Either way, it would be an improvement. My wife's 550 will bring the tires up a little in high and easily in low. I've found that the bigger problem with wheelies is traction. Unless the Zillas have something to bite, they just spin. Even then, the front wheels will lift off the ground some. My 700 wheelies very easy when you want to, again traction dependent. As was stated earlier, very manageable power delivery for riding more technical trails, and more low end to power thru the mud. All without compromising top end.