Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Kawasaki rumors (just for fun)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bluesmanjesse, Jul 8, 2016.

1. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

So I was at my local Kawasaki dealership a week or two ago and I asked the owner if there was any big news, rumors, gossip, etc. To my surprise he had a few juicy rumors to drop on me.

First he said he was told for their "50th anniversary in the USA" dealer show in November they are supposed to get 18 new models across the whole Kawasaki product line, motorcycles, jet skis, quads, SXS, etc which will have a total of 21 models when you count variants of the 18 new models. This is pretty well confirmed to be true but he had no idea what those models would be, he did seem very excited to find out though.

Now for the 2nd rumor.... This one is a lot more fun but not confirmed. My dealer also said an acquaintance of his is a truck driver and he swears he delivered a whole truckload of turbos to the Kawasaki plant in Lincoln Nebraska, he said currently there's only one turbo in the Kawasaki lineup and it's made in Japan so whatever the turbos were for is something new.

Take this second rumor with a grain of salt as just a rumor but the first one about the 18 new models is apparently pretty legit.

DLB, liquid1, MattN03 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Courage9027

Courage9027 Member

Wouldn't it be great if Kawi would step up and offer a little sportier machine for Eastern Mountain riding!

liquid1, bluesmanjesse and MattN03 like this.
  3. MattN03

MattN03 Site Supporter

I don't need a turbo for eastern KY though. I'd be thrilled with the same basic machine and 12" - 13" of suspension travel.

4. Timmi

Timmi Site Supporter

maybe they'll offer turbo shocks! :)

Hammer, liquid1, DogRunner2 and 2 others like this.
  5. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Im holding out for many reasons. Sportier is one of them..bring it kawi..we all know your road bikes and other machines kick arse. My friends new kx250f is a freaking light weight hot rod..

6. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Air shocks are on the way..to save weight. On board compressor so you can dial in your ride!!