Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

May Windrock ride?

Discussion in 'Eastern Regional Rides and Events' started by bluesmanjesse, Apr 26, 2015.

?

Which Weekend would you most likely come?

1. May 16-18

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. May 29-31

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

So a few of us are talking about doing a ride at Windrock on either May 16-18th which is a Sat-Monday or the Weekend of May 30-31st. This will be a moderate difficulty ride, Windrock offers a little bit of everything with regards to terrain and scenery. It's possible at Windrock to get into pretty technical terrain without even trying sometimes so it can never be ruled out. I'd love to see some of the folks I haven't seen for a while make it out like James, Timmi, Keeter, etc or some folks that I've not yet had the pleasure of riding with before.

I'll post a poll to vote on which weekend works best for the most people and then we'll plan from there once a date is settled.

gator, Kenny G, liquid1 and 3 others like this.
  2. BlueDevil

BlueDevil Member

Are we gonna hit waldens ridge? I got cheated on the last ride. But you better believe I'll be ready for it this time... :72:

NCMudman, MIKE_D and bluesmanjesse like this.
  3. KEETER

KEETER Member

Jesse I know already I wont be able to make it , as I already have 2 trips planned that month already. I'm like you wanting to hook up sooner than later so maybe I can before the summer is over. With everything going on with my new cabin and other weeks already planned this year I just got to watch what all I can do this year.

liquid1 and bluesmanjesse like this.
  4. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Member

I could do either really. I am already off for May 30th. My normal days off are Sunday - Tuesday. If the earlier date gets the vote I might just come down Saturday after work.

Gyrene and bluesmanjesse like this.
  5. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

I have a trip planned in the middle of June to hit HMT, maybe Windrock and then somewhere in the Carolina's. I probably won't be able to make this one.

6. NCMudman

NCMudman Member

If I'm able, i could possibly do the 16-18. I know the last weekend is out cause it will be a busy week at work. I can't promise that I'd be able to go, but I'll sure make an effort!!

7. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Member

We should make this a hybrid ride, including the Teryx Central folks, many of them are already here anyway... I am going to check out Half Moon Cabins for this trip, less than half the cost of WR facilities.

8. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Once we get the details ironed out here we can post the specifics on TC and go from there maybe? It will get too confusing having planning threads on both sites at the same time.

9. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Josh it would be great having you along, esp if Terry can't make it, we could sure use your guidance to navigate!

gator, Gyrene and NCMudman like this.
  10. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Walden's Ridge is an all day commitment, if the group wants to do it we can but only if everyone is comfortable with it. Let's get the dates ironed out and go from there, we can iron all the details out once a date and group size is set.

NCMudman likes this.
  11. NCMudman

NCMudman Member

If they don't do any trail maintenance between now and then, all the trails will be at least a black trail or a double black!!! This past weekend ( weekend right after the spring jamboree) they had a jeep jamboree, so those jeeps would have tore up the trails even more!!

We are in the process of packing up our things today, closing on our new house tomorrow! Moving in this week. so hopefully by then things will kind of be more settled down. Plus I am going to have to try and squeeze out the funds to make the trip. Oh and of coarse make sure I can get off work for it.

Looking closer at the weekend, I doubt I could get off for those particular dates of Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I'm more able to get up there like the last trip, Get up Friday morning and ride, and ride all day Saturday, and have to leave out Sunday.

bluesmanjesse likes this.
  12. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Another question... Would everyone want to make this a family ride, wives, kids, etc.... Just wives, or a manly ride? Just curious I'm open to whatever works the best for the group on this one.

13. NCMudman

NCMudman Member

Thing about that is, it would limit where we could go and trails we could do, especially for us on ATV's. On our previous rides i wouldn't bring Mandy on the ATV. She would be doing A LOT of walking! Not that she doesn't mind too much, but like for example, she would have had to walk most of the way down trail 10, several spots on trail 12, and up several spots at the end of trail 12. Now yall in SxS it would be less of an issue.

Either way I doubt Mandy would be able to come. She is possibly getting a new job soon, and whether she gets it or not, she would have no paid time off from either job.

bluesmanjesse likes this.
  14. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like it's time to buy a Wolverine Josh ;)

gator, liquid1, SC800 and 1 other person like this.
  15. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

For me I have no kids and Amanda can ride shotgun in the Teryx so it's a non issue but I wanted to get everyone's input.

NCMudman likes this.
  16. NCMudman

NCMudman Member

Lol tell me about it!!

But... had the privilege ( or was it a mistake??!!) to drive Mandy in Scott's Rzr XP1000.... Wow.... Just wow... We loved it!! Mandy is leaning toward that! But, that's a long ways down the road, but when we eventually get one, then I'll want her to come as often as she can!!!

gator, liquid1, Gyrene and 2 others like this.
  17. blackbirdxp1k

blackbirdxp1k Site Supporter

Man I truly wish I could go, but I'm not planning on going back down there for work even though my boss thinks I have to. I might be changing up my job as of now too which is stressful with the wedding coming up really quick to think about.

18. Gyrene

Gyrene Site Supporter

If its at all possible for me to come up, it would be come on a Friday after work and leave Sunday morning or a day trip on Saturday.

At this time if I can do it, it would be the weekend of the 16fh, I'll try my best.

gator likes this.
  19. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

OK Terry, it could just as easily be a Sat-Sun only ride, just kinda threw out the monday since Amanda was off and I knew Mike D was off Mondays.

20. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Member

Have we made any progress on this?