Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Moab UT Group Ride 4/22/2016

Discussion in 'Western Regional Rides and Events' started by Kenny G, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

There is a group of riders planning to meet in Moab the weekend of the 22nd to ride, want to extend the invitation to anyone that might be interested. We have the Cowboy that is going to help at least one or more days but have several riders that have experience in the area that will be leading the rides also. Let me know if you're interested as we've already set the date and campsite area. Would like to have anyone that wants to come join us.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    bluesmanjesse, Gyrene and Hammer like this.
  2. MattN03

MattN03 Site Supporter

I'd love to, but probably won't be able to swing it. Keep us posted on this trip though!

Gyrene and Kenny G like this.
  3. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

April 22, 2016, kinda left the date unfinished in the thread. Well take any and all that want to ride.

Gyrene and MattN03 like this.
  4. MattN03

MattN03 Site Supporter

Are you doing Rally on the Rocks again? Is it better to do something like that for a first trip out without having guides lined up?

5. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

This sounds like an awesome trip! I'd love to be able to make it. I might have to sell one of the kids to the gypsies to fund it though!

6. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

We have gotten the Cowboy to offer up guide service for our ride, he has guided for the ROTR every year I've rode and I have rode under his guidance 2 years, I also flipped my Rhino while under his direction, lol. He also has a guided trail service in Moab that he operates. If you want to do the technical stuff and don't have a lot of experience you want to have someone that understands off camber riding. We'll keep the difficulty to the groups experience as to keep it fun and safe. I will probably not go back out in May to do the Rally, I was hoping to do the fun ride and roll over into the Rally but most wanted to go early springtime. I plan on riding a couple days after the ride also. The ROTR is a great way to get familiar with Moab's terrain but it can be a little slow pace because of the riding group sizes and different experience levels at times. Back to your question Matt. For $120 of 4 days of guided riding (you pick your trails) the ROTR is hard to bet, if you just want to ride site seeing trails and not worry about what the heck did I get myself into then riding solo is easy also.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    liquid1, Gyrene and MattN03 like this.
  7. MattN03

MattN03 Site Supporter

We saw him guiding a group up Hell's Revenge when we were out there this year. I'm kinda surprised he'd put anyone in those situations due to liability however lol

liquid1, Gyrene and Kenny G like this.
  8. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

You sign a wavier. On the tough stuff you make the call if you want to try it or pass.

liquid1, Gyrene and MattN03 like this.
  9. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

Got the bike in the garage to pull the tracks and we got a fresh 18" of spring snow this week, now I'm torn, go trackin this weekend and hope the change over has no real problems or start preppin for Moab in less than a month????? Man I'd like to hit the snow one more time..... Have one of Hot Rod's new JBS's Extreme Sheaves coming to try out, should really be a great upgrade in my riding style with a lower bottom-end.:seesaw:

liquid1, Gyrene and Hammer like this.
  10. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Go trackin' !

11. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

More snow over night, I almost forgot it's Easter weekend and I volunteered to cook and carry out to Gramp's house this weekend. This only leaves me 3 weeks until rode trip and we've been working Saturday as makeup day for the darn snow days. I best buckle down and get some maintenance done!!!

Gyrene and MattN03 like this.
  12. Gyrene

Gyrene Site Supporter

I'd also love to make one of these trips!

Unfortunately, it's not in the cards this time.

I look forward to seeing your pictures and videos....

Thanks for the invitation!!!

liquid1 and Kenny G like this.
  13. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

Another Wyoming spring storm to hit here tomorrow thru Thursday, the weatherman is saying 1-2' of snow in lower elevations and 2-3' on the mountain, glad I haven't pulled the tracks yet. :86:

liquid1 likes this.