Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

MSA Kore M20 Wheels and EFX Moto MTC Tire Teaser

Discussion in 'Project RZR First Look' started by bluesmanjesse, Jan 3, 2013.

1. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

msa_logo.jpg

]We just took delivery of the new Kore M20 wheels from MotoSport Alloys for our Polaris RZR 800 project. Wow! MSA has really raised the bar with these wheels. The wheels arrived with a set of EFX Moto MTC tires mounted on them, which are equally impressive. This really is a great looking wheel/tire combination! I’ll start with the wheels; they feature a flat black automotive paint style finish that really pops! MSA says the matte black finish is easy to clean and maintain which is always a big plus. The detail in the wheels really has to be seen up close to be truly appreciated. MSA has shown great attention to detail in every square inch of the Kore wheels. From the tasteful use of chrome accents on the black finish, to the placement of the MSA logo on the spokes; these wheels visually pop. There is a chrome star in the center with the MSA logo surrounding it on every side; even the simulated beadlock bolt heads say “MSA” on them. The wheels remind me of a custom motorcycle or show cars wheels because every time I look at them I notice another cool detail that I hadn’t seen before.

msa_kore_1.jpg msa_kore_2.jpg msa_kore_3.jpg efx_motomtc_1.jpg efx_motomtc_2.jpg

EFX has paid a great deal of attention to detail on the Moto MTC tires as well. The tires have plenty of cool details molded into them everywhere you look. They have very beefy and aggressive 1¼” lugs that really give the tires a tough look and the tread pattern should perform flawlessly on the RZR at our favorite riding spots. With a quick glance the Moto MTC tires might appear to have a similar tread pattern to a few other tires currently on the market, but a closer look will reveal the differences that set them apart from the rest of the pack. The Moto MTC tires in person are chunky and extremely aggressive and I am confident the traction they will provide is going to be extremely good while still cleaning out well due to the ample voids between the lugs. The Moto MTC tire has a 6-ply rating so it should also have really good puncture resistance. We ride in almost every type of terrain, mud, sand, deep, gravel, rocks, creek beds, wooded trails, groomed trails, hardpack, and even snow in the winter. It’s safe to say we can’t wait to get this new wheel and tire package on the RZR and start tearing up the trails testing them! We will be publishing our test ride reports and reviews for this combination so be sure to check back in with us for the final verdict soon.

efx_logo.jpg

2. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

SWEEEEEET! Man those look badass, even in 14"

3. liquid1

liquid1 Member

This setup is Impressive, Looks great, Will look great on your green machine..:dance:

4. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

James they are sweet and the "Green Machine" is really starting to look pretty slick! I want a big version of these wheels for my truck,lol.

5. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Yep me to!!! Now that would look Sweeeet.Are you gonna wrap that Beast in the WWII Decals, Or what ya got in mind..
    With this wheel and tire setup ..you will be slinging chunks bigger than helmets.:57:

6. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

sweetness!!! when are we gonna see some pics of'em on the buggy?

7. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Not sure about the wrap yet James...."chunks bigger than helmets",lol.

Jack I'm going to be working on that this weekend hopefully. I've got a couple but they aren't really good enough to post, I'm gonna hold out for some better shots I think.

8. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

The more I look at this combo, the more I want them :97:

They look really good for being 26" on 14"s

9. GrizzlyRider

GrizzlyRider Member

I would like to see them come out in 12" , I was all set on there Diesels until I found out there not made in the 12" size . Motor Sport Alloys you need to made more rims in 12" .

10. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Have you ever ridden on 14's, as long as you are running a 26-27" tire there's plenty of sidewall IMHO. I agree though MSA could sell even more wheels if they offered some of the styles in 12" flavors. So far I'm extremely pleased with this wheel/tire package though!

11. Jfer

Jfer Site Supporter

That is a great looking wheel and tire combo. If they perform as aggressive as they look there should be no trail you can't concur.

12. Timmi

Timmi Site Supporter

exactly! I rode all over WV on 27-14's, never an issue. There are 15" rims out now. That's a nice combo for the 800.

13. zenrzr

zenrzr New Member

What did this set up do overall width wise. I would expect you bumped out a bit but the racer tech lift probably pulled it back in some?

14. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Currently I'm sitting at 54" wide.

15. GrizzlyNick

GrizzlyNick Member

Those are some nice wheels!

16. Punky

Punky New Member

Thi looks GREAT!!!