Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

MSA Kore M20 Wheels and EFX Moto MTC Tires First Ride Report/Impressions

Discussion in 'Project RZR Installation Articles' started by bluesmanjesse, Jan 8, 2013.

1. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

MSA Kore M20 Wheels and EFX Moto MTC Tires
    First Ride Report/Impressions

msa_logo.jpg efx_logo.jpg

msa_report_1.jpg

Well after mounting up the new MSA Kore M20 Wheels and EFX Moto MTC Tires to the RZR they took the looks of the machine up to a whole other level, these things look sweet! These wheels and tires will stand out in a crowd too they really do catch your eye when you see them in person. Pictures just don't do them justice! The black wheels coupled with the green color scheme on the Project RZR make it look like a special military vehicle; it's a really cool look for sure. The spare tire mounted on the custom mount I fabricated is like the icing on the cake, the ornament on top of the Christmas tree if you will. The piece of mind of knowing you have a full spare to fall back on is really comforting too. We went with the 26"x9"x14's for the front and spare and the 26"x11x14" for the rear. Many tires actually measure a little smaller than the advertised size when they are mounted up, but that's not the case with the Moto MTC's I am happy to report.

msa_report_5.jpg

We were really lucky with Mother Nature on this one as the day after we took delivery of the wheels and tires we also took delivery of about a foot of snow! It was a great first test for the new tires ripping through snow drifts and through snow covered trails. The tires clean out really well and they have tons of grip! I honestly had a hard time spinning the tires in a foot of snow in 4wd, they would spin in 2 wheel drive but there was still plenty of grip even in 2wd. The ride is very smooth, even on dry pavement, considering how aggressive the treads are. I had the opportunity to hit a little mud too as the snow began to melt off and the tires seemed to hook up even better in the muddy fields we were riding in than they did in the snow. I still have to test them out on rocks yet, but I suspect they will do very well.

msa_report_2.jpg

MSA says the finish on the Kore M20 wheels are easy to clean and maintain and so far from what I've seen this is a true statement. I got the wheels fairly muddy and a good spray down with a garden hose had them looking like new again, you can't ask for anything easier than that! I initially assumed all the small details machined into the wheels would hold dirt/mud but to my satisfaction they don't. Our initial impressions of this wheel and tire combo are very good and the tall lugs should last for many miles of trail abuse.

msa_report_4.jpg

msa_report_3.jpg

I only have one complaint so far, I can't get these wheels for my truck! I guess that's not so much a negative as it is a compliment to the designers at MSA. All kidding aside these really are a great looking set of wheels and tires, and so far they are great performers too! We will be reviewing the MSA Kore M20 Wheels and EFX Moto MTC tires after we log some serious miles on them and put them through their paces out on the trail. Stay tuned to see how they perform!

msa_report_6.jpg

2. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

SweeeeeeT! They really look bad ass on the RZR. :headbang:

3. grizzly803

grizzly803 Member

They add an awesome look to your razor. A really sharp looking rim and a very aggressively designed tire,but from the way its designed it should do great on rocks... also have a long tread life... might look into those tires soon... they a pretty decent price?

Oh and awesome review so far and thanks for the pictures!:thumbup:
    Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

4. ponti1

ponti1 Site Supporter

Really nice looking addition for the project RZR, bluesmanjesse!

5. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

those really make that buggy stand out! sweet!

6. Timmi

Timmi Site Supporter

so are your 108's for sale?:)

7. NoisyKawi

NoisyKawi Site Supporter

Looking forward to the long term review. I love the offroad performance of my black diamonds but they won't balance for shit so I'm in the market for something that won't keep beating me to death on the road in WV.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2