Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

My Gray Ghost!

Discussion in 'Members Rigs' started by BROWN616, Jul 5, 2017.

1. BROWN616

BROWN616 Member

Just a pic of my rig carrying our two quads on the way to WV for a ride! 2005 F250 6.0L diesel...

Attached Files:

bluesmanjesse and Hammer like this.
  2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice set up your have there!

BROWN616 likes this.
  3. BROWN616

BROWN616 Member

Thanks Hammer, bought it used out of Arizona... 1 owner truck. Hauls the Loadstar trailer, two full size quads, camping gear, and about 600 lbs of firewood through the mountains at a good clip!! Better than my old 1/2 ton 2WD chevy did for sure (although that was a good truck and it hauled the quads a good amount of miles all over the east coast!).

bluesmanjesse likes this.
  4. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

That's cool. I haul mine all over too. But I'm usually only hauling 1 or 2 machines

5. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks like that rig will get 'er done! My current rig, The Mighty Sequoia towing my Redneck Toyhauler....

[​IMG]

6. BROWN616

BROWN616 Member

Heck yeah!!! As long as it hauls the toys! We towed a 19' Sea Ray with a Mercury Grand Marquis for a few years when we first moved to NC while we searched for a truck LOL.

I plan on doing a redneck toy hauler again in the future, did a 6X12 to haul dirt bikes (insulated the walls/roof, found a lady that made custom boat covers to build a "screen door" for the rear ramp door so you could sleep with it open, put a floor in, and wired it for 30/50A service so we could plug it in at rv sites.) Sold it after getting rid of the dirt bikes. Need something a tad larger for two full size quads.

7. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

8. BROWN616

BROWN616 Member

Yeah brother! That has a lot more amenities than the one dad and I build. We didn't do any plumbing fixtures, just used bath houses where available. We made a "military shower" out of pvc tubing as the frame and wrapped shower curtain around it with rings (I think it was two of them) so folks wouldn't eyeball our junk or the missus, then used an ATV sprayer that we would put in the back of the truck with a small electric pump hooked to a kitchen sink sprayer that you could run off a jump box or battery. It worked in a pinch to get the nasty/gritty off before hitting the hay for the night. had enough room for 1 Rancher and two dirty bikes and three grownups with air mattresses. Gotta get a 14' or longer for the next one for two full size utility quads!