Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Reliant Ammo USA

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by Jfer, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Jfer

Jfer Site Supporter

Reliant Ammo USA

[TABLE="width: 800, align: center"]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD="align: left"]Being an avid shooter as well as an ATV enthusiast, I am always looking for ammo deals. I came across Reliant Ammo USA a while back. I, as others may be, was a little leery of internet based ammo companies. Reliant Ammo offers a money back guarantee. If their ammo misfires theywill give you a credit for a free box of ammo or refund your money, including shipping costs. While that is a good offer, I was also concerned about other possible manufacture issues.[/TD]
    [TD] reliant_1.jpg [/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody>[TR]
    [TD] reliant_2.jpg [/TD]
    [TD]I called and spoke with Dave Demers at lengths about their process. Reliant ammunition is made in Lewiston, Idaho, by Ammoload Worldwide. For three decades, Ammoload has produced state-of-the-art ammo loading machines and has sold them to ammo manufacturers in the United States and elsewhere. Ammoload uses only top quality components. The casings and primers are made by major manufacturers (e.g., Speer, Federal, Lake City, Blazer). The powder (St. Marks) is made by General Dynamics (Reliant customers often comment that the ammo is very clean compared to many major brands). The full metal jacket bullets are made by Ammoload. New jacketed hollow points are made by Hornaday, and Ammoload makes jacketed hollow points for some of its re-manufactured ammo.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody>[TR]
    [TD]I asked Dave to send me a couple of boxes of 9mm in 115 grain and 147 grain to try out. What I got was one 50 round box each of 9mm 115 and 147 grain. The boxes a were a plain white with the caliber, grain and bullet design stamped on the end. The rounds were loose packed, and in perfect condition. Brass for the 115 grain was Speer, and Federal brass for the 147 grain. Bullet design for each was FMJ.I used the ammo in my Glock 26 to shoot an IDPA match. It was clean burning with little to no smoke, and shot point of aim. I normally shot SPEER Lawman, and the Reliant ammo compared favorably to the Speer.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody>[TR]
    [TD]Reliant ammo runs specials on different ammo weekly, and they offer pistol calibers from 380 Auto to 45 Long Colt, and rifle calibers 223 Rem, 5.56 Nato, 308 Win, and 50 BMG. So next time you need to stock up on ammo give Dave a call at Reliant Ammo USA[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
  2. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Jay! Should save some members a few bucks.

3. Woodbooger

Woodbooger Site Supporter

OMG OMG I just want that reloader!!!

4. Jfer

Jfer Site Supporter

LOL Woodbooger, me too!

5. RTxmr800

RTxmr800 Member

Thanks fer the info ! If it wasn't for the shipping charge It would be cheaper than me buying at Bass pro... I spent $67 on 100 rounds of .40 and 100 rounds of 9mm Winchester.

6. Grumpy

Grumpy Site Supporter

Thanks Jay that's good stuph! :s_cool:

7. blackbirdxp1k

blackbirdxp1k Site Supporter

Thanks jay. I decided to try some .45 acp for the xd. With shipping it cost the same so thought why not try it if its a cleaner ammo. Will post how I like it. Got hundred rounds 230 grain fmj

8. Jfer

Jfer Site Supporter

Just got word from Dave that he has negotiated a better shipping rate with UPS. Should be 10-20% cheaper depending on location ans weight. Also, he is lowering prices down to 10% over wholesale beginning Sunday.

I normally have a 3 or 4 guys at work who shoot regularly, so we by in bulk, and split the shipping cost.

9. RTxmr800

RTxmr800 Member

NICE JOB !!!!!!! Maybe they should give you some fer free for selling there product !!

How do you do a bulk order from them ? All I could find was 50 rd boxes.

10. Jfer

Jfer Site Supporter

Wish I could find someone to sponsor me in ammo, that would be nice. As for bulk, I mean ordering multiple boxes.

11. RTxmr800

RTxmr800 Member

I hear ya on that one brother ! Well I guess in away i do kinda have a sponsor... Being Combat Arms I am alloicated x # of rounds per weapon system per yr for pro ammo which is nice and probably why I dont shoot my personnal weapons as much as I need too.

But thanks again for that undate I will order some from them in the near future !

12. blackbirdxp1k

blackbirdxp1k Site Supporter

Got my ammo from ups. It is blazer casings for the stuff I got. Have to get out sometime to try some out.

13. Jfer

Jfer Site Supporter

Per their web page Reliant ammo has discontinued online ammo sales. However their ammo can be purchased directly from http://www.freedommunitions.com/.

I have bought ammo from Freedom Munitions, and have been very happy with it. They have also just started a brass buy back program, where they will credit you $2.50 a pound for brass. Best part is it does not have to be sorted.

14. MTGRIZZ700

MTGRIZZ700 Member

not any cheaper on 44 mag than where i buy it here after shipping its more lol shit was hoping to find some cheaper ammo to blow off DAMB IT!!!!!!

15. DODGE57HEMI

DODGE57HEMI Site Supporter

I have done this and have been pleasantly surprised with my first 500rds of 45. Just ordered 500 more with 33 lbs of returned brass, I will be qurious as to how well Freedom handles the transaction!

This message is sponsored by the campaign for a 2up Grizzly!!!

16. Jfer

Jfer Site Supporter

Nathan, I have already taken advantage of Freedoms brass exchange program. Sent in 35 lbs of brass and ordered 500 rounds of 45 & 250 rounds of 9mm. $87.50 credit and order was at my door in 5 business days.

These guys are great to deal with. You should be pleased.