Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Review Surefire 6PXPro

Discussion in 'Member Submitted Reviews' started by 04660limited, Sep 20, 2012.

1. 04660limited

04660limited Site Supporter

I have had this light for about 6 months now and i figured i would share my thoughts on it...

The light over all is a very compact and bright light. Max output is 200 lumens and the low output is 15 lumens..

Here is a Pic of the low setting...
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of the max setting...
    [​IMG]

This light retails for around $115.00 and is worth every penny. While this light is small it definitely packs a punch. the overall length of the light is 5.2 inches. the lens bezel diameter is 1.25 inches. the grip is comfortable and the thumb button on the light makes this a perfect light for nightime tactical happenings. To switch between the low power and max power settings, simply click the light on (this is the low setting), click it off, then click it back on within 2 seconds. Now you are ready to spot / blind whatever or whoever may be lurking in the dark.

Here is a pic of the light next to a standard cheap Bic pen so you can get an idea of the size of the light.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This light is a must have for me both around the house and outside. Its not big and bulky like most Maglites, and can easily be carried in a front or back pocket.
    the light is weatherproof with both O-ring and gasket type seals.
    the construction of the light is solid. i have dropped mine from 6+ feet without any issues.
    the weight of the light is 5.2 ounces with batteries.
    the batteries are a 123A type lithium battery that can be purchased in a box of 12 for around $20.00
    there are multiple carrying options for the light which can be found on the surefire website.
    I would recommend this light to anyone who is looking for a light that is easy to carry, durable, and bright.

If anyone has any specific questions about this light i would be happy to share any knowledge i have.

Josh

2. ole brute

ole brute Site Supporter

Incase i missed anything, Is it led, Whats the run time on a set of batts? Looks like a good light to have. Nice review, Thanks for making me want one. lol

3. 04660limited

04660limited Site Supporter

Sorry I left that out. Yes it's a dual led. 45 hours of runtime on low and 2.5 hours of runtime on high.

4. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Bright little sucker. Thanks for the info and review.

5. AKgrizz550

AKgrizz550 Member

Its a great light! Everyone wanted to borrow it when we had a power outtage at work.