Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Rocks and Ruts Ride Of The Year Contest Sponsored by Rage Customs Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Rocks and Ruts Ride of the Month Contest 2012' started by Butch450, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Rocks and Ruts ROTY Contest

roty_banner.jpg

Rocks and Ruts is happy to announce the Rocks and Ruts ROTY Contest sponsored by Rage Customs and Rocks and Ruts. The contest details are simple...."All monthly winners from this years contests are automatically entered for a chance to receive a gift certificate from our sponsor Ron @ Rage Customs good towards anything he sells." The value of the prize package will be determined over the next few days so we will announce it at that time.

All 2012 monthly winners and their winning images will be automatically entered, and as a bonus each monthly winner may also enter 1 additional image to increase their odds of winning. The 2nd entry images must be emailed to me at rocksandruts@gmail.com before December 15th 2012. Please include your user name along with the image. Images should be at least 800x600, but the higher the resolution the better! All images entered will then be posted in a poll for the members to vote on. Voting will begin December 17th and run till December 21st @9pm est. All entered images must highlight the members vehicle, along with the member riding it if the image is an action pic. Any images of members vehicles being ridden by anyone other than the member will be ineligible, as well as any image of the member riding a vehicle they do not own.

As an added bonus....Since we launched the site in May and have only run 8 monthly contests, we have decided to allow 4 additional members to enter rounding the entries out to 12 contestants. These 4 additional members will be chosen from among the monthly contests run from May through November. The top 4 non winning monthly members who have the highest vote count combined from all contests (yes, if you entered every month you have an edge right there!) will finalize our top 12. The 4 bonus contestants will also be able to enter a 2nd image. Their were some great images that came up a little short in the voting and we believe they deserve a 2nd shot at winning! The final 12 contestants will be announced later in the week after the November contest comes to a close.

In order to run the ROTY contest, the December ROTM contest will begin on December 9th (Sunday) and entries will take place for 2 days only with the voting taking place for the following 3 days. The December contest is being shortened to allow us time to run the ROTY contest before the holidays!
    The December contest is everyones last chance to win and gain entry into the ROTY contest as well.

We will also be putting together a calendar showcasing all the ROTM and ROTY images. The calendar should be available to purchase by mid January. I will post another thread detailing the calendar over the next few weeks.

The prizes for the ROTY Contest are as follows....

The 3rd place winner will receive a Rage Customs T-Shirt and a Rocks and Ruts ROTM 2013 calendar.
    The 2nd place winner will receive a Rage Customs T-Shirt, a Rocks and Ruts ROTM 2013 calendar and a $50.00 gift certificate from Rage Customs.
    The 1st place winner will receive a Rage Customs T-Shirt, a Rocks and Ruts ROTM 2013 calendar and a $150.00 gift certificate from Rage Customs.

2. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

This sounds like a great deal to me all around! I like the thought of giving the 4 runners up another shot at it, there were many pics I thought should have won in the past that didn't, maybe they can be redeemed!

3. ponti1

ponti1 Site Supporter

Very cool! A big THANKS to Ron @ Rage Customs for the continued support of RnR!!

4. blackbirdxp1k

blackbirdxp1k Site Supporter

Sounds great Butch, I like the idea of how your figuring out the 4 other contestants.

5. Gyrene

Gyrene Site Supporter

:icon_thumright: :great::395826: This is Great!!!! Can't wait to see how this turns out.....

Ditto to what ponti1 said.....

6. rageNtexn

rageNtexn Member

so am i allowed to enter a photo or is it just for past winners?

7. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

I belive you'll have to win the December contest or at least get alot of votes for a possibility of making it in as one of the 4 runners up. So get your best pic ready for the December contest!

8. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

You have to win the December contest to gain entry. The 4 runner ups will be chosen based on the most total votes per member calculated from the contests that were run from May until November.

9. rageNtexn

rageNtexn Member

Thanks guys. Im sure that my pic will be a good contender. Everyone loves looking at Alaskan pics!

10. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

The following are the top 5 non winning members. Reason I am saying 5 is because if one of the top 4 enter and win the December contest, the 5th member will fill the last spot. there were 3 members who totaled 13 votes also.

#1 - Gunny with 17 total votes
    #2 - AKgrizz550 with 13 total votes
    #3 - Gyrene with 13 total votes
    #4 - Grizz450 with 13 total votes
    #5 - Mast75 with 10 total votes

‚ÄčCongrats guys! Right about now I bet Mast75 is hoping one of you pull off a win in December lol.

11. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

I updated the contest info in the 1st post to list the prizes for the ROTY contest.

The prizes for the ROTY Contest are as follows....

The 3rd place winner will receive a Rage Customs T-Shirt and a Rocks and Ruts ROTM 2013 calendar.
    The 2nd place winner will receive a Rage Customs T-Shirt, a Rocks and Ruts ROTM 2013 calendar and a $50.00 gift certificate from Rage Customs.
    The 1st place winner will receive a Rage Customs T-Shirt, a Rocks and Ruts ROTM 2013 calendar and a $150.00 gift certificate from Rage Customs.

12. MTGRIZZ700

MTGRIZZ700 Member

great way to get the other 4 pics sounds good and cant wait to c how this turns out thanks RAGE and butch for all the work u guys to for this site awesome work

13. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

With Gunny taking the December ROTM contest Mast75 has gained entry into the ROTY contest. I have not received everyone's 2nd image and I need them by tomorrow night!!!! I will pm those have not yet sent them to me again.

14. Gunny

Gunny Site Supporter

I lucked out here ... and now Mast75 gets to enter .... Oh man ... there is gonna be some tough competition for this contest ...... :72: ... :whoo: