Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Rollover and Crash Stories

Discussion in 'Rocks and Ruts Rollover Club Forum' started by Butch450, May 21, 2012.

1. cubbee

cubbee Site Supporter

Thanks...ya, that dip in the water was definitely pretty scary for me. Luckily everything is ready to go riding this weekend again. I seemed to be healing pretty good and just finished cleaning up the Grizzly. Found a couple of scrapes on the front right fender, but other than that, it's good to go!

2. cubbee

cubbee Site Supporter

Just wanted to add the video that went with the pictures. When I went to edit the original, everything seemed to disappear. So I thought I would just put it here.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
  3. DizGrizz

DizGrizz Member

Great idea for a forum, Butch! There's nothing like an "instructional video" to get a point across.

Hey, you know what might be another good forum idea? How about a "
    Keeping it safe" forum where members could post video they have of riders and spotters showing exceptionally good form and safety on a technical bit. Again, there's nothing like seeing it done to help explain proper form and procedure. Whadayathink?

P.S. I'm so glad you chose not to post the whole Rock Run video...I remember needing some fresh undershorts after seeing it the first time
    :icon_pale:. You know, I think I'll look into a chest protector myself.
    Hey, pix and vids of proper safety equipment could go in the "Keeping it safe" forum as well.

4. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Good idea Diz! If anything, I have learned the importance of safety gear :p

I still personally believe that certain obstacles should be attempted first without having 10 pairs of hands all over my atv though lol, but having spotters at the ready is always a great idea. I'll throw up a thread in a bit.

5. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Member

After 4.5 years of Grizzly riding, I finally tipped mine over and busted up my arm with some good trail rash and bruised the hip pretty good. Bent the front and rear right side fenders but was able to pull that out. Was going down a pretty steep hill on the Arapeen Trail in Utah and had a beginner rider on an Arctic Crap behind me. I wanted him to go to low so I turned around and had one hand on the bars and caught a rut that ejected me. The Grizz is no worse for the wear but I am still healing.

6. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Feel better Gus.

7. cubbee

cubbee Site Supporter

Damn, that sucks Gus. Hope you and the Grizz feel better soon!

8. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Member

[​IMG]

No worse for the wear.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

9. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

That reminds me of my arm when I rolled. Was digging through my gallery and found this pic lol

uploadfromtaptalk1339522224453.jpg

tapawhat?

10. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Member

Oh yeah! The raw meat pics. I was lucky to have the wife there when I got back to camp to clean me up (torture) after the crash. Hydrogen Peroxide and rubbing alcohol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapdatass 2

11. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

When I got home I took a scrub pad and scrubbed the hell out of it to remove most of the dirt and rocks lol. Then applied the peroxide. Took this pic right before I think and then went to the hospital where they scrubbed it up even more lol. Have some nice scaring from it now, looks like I have 4 different tans going there.:laughing6:

12. DrMud

DrMud Site Supporter

So what do we call the roadrash on atvs? Trailrash.....or maybe rock rash.....or something else???? or just stay with roadrash?

13. cubbee

cubbee Site Supporter

Bush bruises??

14. shellgrizzly350

I have rolled my Grizzly on its side twice..but never flipped it. Memorial Day weekend we were riding at Powerline park in St. clairesville, Oh. I was stradling a rut created by a truck with 50inch tires..that I had already cleared twice..the third time I forgot to put the grizzly in 4x4 and in the slick mud my back wheels slid into the rut..I flew sidways the 4 feet down the rut and thankfully the rut was so deep the grizz stayed over me..not sure where my boyfriend came from..but within seconds he pulled it off me. My back and neck were sore from the fall..we had to reset the handlebars and move the brake handels back up..my second roll was on a offcamber section of trail with wet leaves and before I knew it..the griz slid out from underme..

My 12 year old daughter scared the crap out me when she rolled the Recon 250 right over her. she has been riding for about 3 years and was playing on some small hills which she was doing really well. she was wearing helmet ..before i could stop her..she went about 3/4s up a hill and the 250 didnt have enough power to get her to the top..In her inexperience she rolled backwards..she made it almost to the bottom when she turned her front wheels just slightly and it sent the recon over...she landed and somehow the quad went right over her without touching her..not sure how that happened..she had one small scrape on her knee..and one on her elbow..there is nothing worse than watching your child crash! That was in april and she hasnt been back on the quad since..

15. Roni1978

Roni1978 Member

Wow! i hoe to never have anything like these happen to me. Great videos all. Thanks for sharing.