Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

September camp n ride

Discussion in 'Eastern Regional Rides and Events' started by BROWN616, Jul 8, 2017.

1. BROWN616

BROWN616 Member

Ok everyone, The missus and I are going to try to put together a group camp n ride for the HM trails sometime in September. I'm thinking long weekend (arrive Thurs, ride Fri & Sat, return Sun). I'm open to suggestions on which group of trails everyone wants to do. If we do Rockhouse, Bear Wallow I normally stay at Twin Hollows but if we do Indian Ridge, Pinnacle Creek I normally stay at Ashland Resort. Again I'm free on suggestions there too as long as the place is pet friendly.

Post up if September works for folks and where you might want to go! Everyone is welcome!

2. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

@KEETER Might be able to hook you up with some willing folks on this one.

3. BROWN616

BROWN616 Member

@KEETER was on Grizzly Riders with me and turned me on to this site! He lives here in NC somewhere near me I think, hopefully some folks will post up and want to come. My missus doesn't ride (She likes coming to camp and we bring our Shepherd and they both hike while I ride) so I usually end up riding by myself until I can find a group at the campground or out on the trails that'll let me tag along. I ended up riding with some dirt bike/enduro riders last time I was at Indian Ridge. I'm more than a capable rider and have no issues riding anywhere alone (I need to get off my butt and install my winch already just in case) but there's only so many songs I can sing in my head Haha

bluesmanjesse and Hammer like this.
  4. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Ya Keeter is a great guy, he's well established near Pinnacle Creek area. Hilltop Escape campground is his 2nd home.