Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Sunday morning ride Feb 2016

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by John1, Feb 23, 2016.

1. John1

John1 Member

I haven't done this in a while ,new computer still trying to figure it out ,some programs are not working properly but I think I got some of it working now thanks to my daughter.

We have had a crappy season so far one day rain the next 50 cm of snow as you can see by the video . This is our fourth ride of the season .We have ridden in rain, snow ,freezing rain and on snow ,slush ,ice so far this season. On Saturday we had rain all day with+5 c then switched to snow overnight only a couple of cm but it was enough to make the trails great to ride, with the temps hitting +2 it made for a good day to go for a ride even though the forecast was for more flurries, rain and clearing in the afternoon.W e looked out with flurries and clearing.. got lots of video as the ride lasted till 6 o'clock.
    Anyways finally got to ride (with a camera) Sunday with a buddy and thought I would share one section of trail that was a lot of fun to ride. left around 8 o'clock ,nobody on the trails ,I guess everyone thought the trails would be real crappy but the actually turn out to be pretty good. I have to apologize for the camera angle as the camera moved downwards on me from the bumps . Plus when I uploaded it it changed the view a lot too. Sorry about that but I thought I would share anyways. Hope this works .

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Fe1aSCyDU

Hammer, Gyrene, My 660 and 3 others like this.
  2. bluesmanjesse

bluesmanjesse Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks like fun to me! Thanks for sharing with us! :08:

liquid1 likes this.
  3. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

Lookin like some great riding. Was that on a groomed trail or a plowed road? From what I could see looks like some great countryside also. :sign0098:

4. John1

John1 Member

Yes it's a groomed trail system in the province of Quebec which is a neighboring province to Ottawa
    Ontario were I live . It is a system that runs pretty much province wide . We have to trailer about 40 mins to get there,,we live on the border .I believe there is approximately 12000 miles of trails province wide. Trail pass is required costs 235 /year. We only winter ride there because we don't have access to our regular trails here in our area because the snowmobilers trails don't allow quads on them.
    That section of the trail is fun to ride because of all the hills and turns it gets the adrenaline going if you feel like driving your bike like you stole it. We have other sections of the ride which are just as much fun . It was a perfect day for that kind of high speed riding because when we left the parking area there were only 4 other trucks. And they were snow covered so they had left much earlier than us. It was early for everyone else so anyone coming from the other end would have had to leave a 6 o'clock to meet us ,which does happen much. It was a good ride anyways covering about 150 miles. We only ran into a handful of others on the trails during our ride. Most of them around here are fair weather campers , my buddy and I will ride in anything . As I am replying to you it is snowing hard here maybe 4 in but then it's changing to freezing rain in a couple of hours and from what I heard we are going to get hit hard, for most or the night so that will make for some interesting riding Sat.

Thanks for watching and the reply.

liquid1 and Kenny G like this.
  5. John1

John1 Member

Thanks

6. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Ole, HECK YEA!!! Now this looks like a fun slip n slide snow run, looks like ya'll moving at a pretty good click..:08:

7. Gyrene

Gyrene Site Supporter

I'd love to do that....

Great video!!!