Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

super atv fender flares

Discussion in 'Member Submitted Reviews' started by blackbirdxp1k, May 15, 2012.

1. blackbirdxp1k

blackbirdxp1k Site Supporter

I recently installed super atv fender flares on the grizz. I installed them by myself, and went pretty good, but will admit it would be a little easier to have another person to help hold them for marking out the holes for drilling. These are my favorite style fender flares you can get in my opinion. The only thing I don't like about the flares is the supplied bolts. They have already rusted, and I don't like how they look from that. I might go out and buy some stainless bolts and replace the current ones. I have always liked the way accessories that are black look with stainless hardware. I do like the way the grizz looks with the flares down, I'm just the type that now notices the rusty bolts, and it bugs me lol.

Tips for the install: What I did was have a sharpie with me, I lined up the flares the way I wanted them to be and marked only one hole to do. I than drilled that hole, and used the hardware in that one hole to help hold the flares in place to mark the rest of the holes to be drilled. This seemed to work very well for me.

here are few pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rusty bolts :(
    [​IMG]

2. Grizzly77

Grizzly77 Site Supporter

Did You have to remove the sheave and the belt in order to get them installed?

.... Just messin with Ya!!!:p

3. blackbirdxp1k

blackbirdxp1k Site Supporter

Lol yep. It was the day the grizz got lot love lol added my purple secondary spring, and looked over the primary clutch too.

4. gwrrzr800

gwrrzr800 Member

I bought a set of fender flares from there for the Rhino and I used stainless hardware from McMaster Carr so that I did not have the rust issue, just a small tip on that use some never seize when you use a stainless bolt with a stainless nut, prevents gaulling! They look very similar to OEM, probably at half the cost!

5. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

The rusty bolts used to bug me too, so I swapped them out for stainless and they are still shining today!

6. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

when i put new tires on the wife's 550, i'll have to look into a set of these. they look very similar to the OEM ones