Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Trailcon usa 2013 in Antigo, Wi

Discussion in 'Central Regional Rides and Events' started by blackbirdxp1k, Aug 8, 2013.

1. blackbirdxp1k

blackbirdxp1k Site Supporter

I've been meaning to put this up before many times, but haven't had ton time. This Friday and Saturday is an event here in Antigo where you can test out new atv's and utv's. So far they have Polaris, can-am, Yamaha, and John Deere coming to the event. I wish they would be able to add Arctic Cat yet. They just added John Deere today. They are making a test track that I'm curious to see how it is. It's supposed to have what you can expect to see on trails more so. I'm guessing I won't be able to beat on the machine I test as much as I want to lol. I am looking forward to trying out Polaris rzr xp 900, and the John Deere rsx the most. I can test drive my buddies Maverick if I can't make it on the test track with that. If the Viking is there I'm try it just for the heck of it. I'm guessing it isn't that bad if they would put a more powerful engine in it. Then there is the vendor section. I know they are going to have a lot of toy haulers on display way the pics look I've seen. It is an all offroad event as offroad truck vedors are there also. Looking forward to the event. I hope it's good. I just think in my mind it won't be as good as I want cause it's just little Antigo, Wi lol. Here few sites with information. One will have updates as the event goes on and coming up to it. https://trailconusa.com/ TrailCon USA 2013 on Livestream

2. blackbirdxp1k

I've read few comments hoping that the manufacturers are bringing 2014 models. The guy helping run it has said none of them are saying exactly what they are bring so who knows he said. Would be cool to see the 2014 mavericks and xp 1000 :) I'm doubting it will happen though. It's not a huge event like dunefest lol.

3. Gyrene

Gyrene Site Supporter

That's pretty cool......

I wish they would have an event like that near here.

Take plenty of pics and post em up for us....

Have fun and think about us while your there lol...

4. blackbirdxp1k

Oh I will think of you guys lol. I want be able get an idea how the deere rsx is. I know some people have talked about them, but no one has driven one. It looks really nice in person, and is pretty comfortable to sit in. Plenty of people can talk about the other models that are going to be there. I'll have to make sure I remember take pics. Lately at stuff it's been slipping my mind lol. After got back last weekend from Indiana for family reunion I looked at my phone and no pics.......

5. blackbirdxp1k

Well me and my buddy stopped at it tonight. Kinda bummed out. Polaris didn't bring what I wanted to try out in the rzr xp 900. Heck they didn't even bring a rzr s 800!! They had a rzr 570, and ranger 900. They had a scrambler 850 for show, but no ride. :( they had there line up of few quads. Yamaha had there grizzly line up, and the Viking. John Deere had couple rsx's, and a 825 utility model. Can am didn't make it today, but hoping tomorrow. As for the test drives the john Deere rsx was really the one stood out. If it had power steering it would been great little machine. It felt more torquey than the ranger 900. Also sounded really nice. The Viking actually wasn't to bad. It had more pep than I thought it would, but not as much as the 850 in the rsx. If it had more power it be nice. I'm not fan of the rzr 570. The motor is nice but it was bottoming out on everything on the track! The ranger isn't bad. Good power, but Idk just kinda blah to me. Out what I could ride I liked the john Deere rsx the most. If it was bit more ground clearance and little wider I would actually think getting one. I'd actually take it over the 50" wide rzr any day around my area. It at least had enough ground clearance that it didn't bottom out on anything. Sorry no pics as was dissapointed and just didn't feel like it. Prolly go tomorrow still as some more stuff might be there. Try take few pics than if I go. Couple other people I know wanted to go.

6. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

I just built one of the JD Gator RSX850i on their site. Once you put some decent shocks, seats, wheels, tires etc. it turns into a $20k ride lol.

7. blackbirdxp1k

The one I road had bighorns, fox shocks, and comfortable seats. I can't remember the price but wasn't close to 20k. All dealers around me have same setups. My brother looking at ranger, commander, or rsx. He said the rsx would be $1000 more than ranger 900.

The sport or trail model have the stuff I listed stock. I'm guessing one was the trail model, and one was the sport model at trailcon.

8. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Gyrene, we just missed it, Lets plan to go next year, I met Keeter and a few more last year..Me and my Dad got to test drive a few machines.Uwharrie OHV Jamboree

9. Gyrene

Gyrene Site Supporter

Dang it man, that's the story of my life, a day late and a dollar short lol..... I haven't rode there in many years, but I like riding at Uwharrie a lot, not a lot of miles of trails but they have some good technical trails, especially the Daniel Trail...

10. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Srgrizzly, I like the RSX but I am a Big John Deere Fan, I grew up on the Deere Tractors. Once Dated a Tennesee Girl her dad Collected all the Put Put 10,20,30,40,50,60 series Tractors..He had 4 Chicken house 400' long packed full of them..Hate I didn't take any pictures..Gyrene, Yep They have a field to test ride the machines.. Cool event..

11. Gyrene

Gyrene Site Supporter

srgrizzly700, You can redeem yourself by taking some pics today and posting em up lol

12. blackbirdxp1k

Few pics took today:

The two gator rsx.
    [​IMG]
    The gator 825 with power dump bed.
    [​IMG]
    Yamaha stuff.
    [​IMG]
    Wolf pack camper.
    [​IMG]
    Rsx
    [​IMG]
    Quad track n ski system.
    [​IMG]
    Jeep on tracks.
    [​IMG]
    Way guy hauls a rzr. Was guy just parked outside the event.

[​IMG]

13. blackbirdxp1k

I was able talk to the Yamaha rep some. I asked when the sport utv coming cause I'm looking at getting one next spring, and would like stay with Yamaha. He said it sounded like before next spring but not 100% sure. He told mthat the talks he had with customers, and than Yamaha is that Yamaha starting figure out they need get there sxs out faster than there 5 year plan especially with how the other 3 are moving fast with new models. I told him I knew my dealer not happy with Viking only released and he said they are not the only ones and he's hoping the more the dealers speak out, and customers the more Yamaha will see they need get moving. I mention I've made few comments on Yamaha outdoors site for sport model. He said to keep making comments even as would not hurt to make it known more. While talking to Polaris dealer he said the plan for next New model is 3 years from now. Talked about how much money Polaris is spending on there prototype buildings, and all engineers they have now too developing new models.

Oh Polaris rep also said google Polaris slingshot. It something there devoloping.

14. liquid1

liquid1 Member