Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

What have you done for your atv or sxs today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blackbirdxp1k, May 25, 2012.

1. liquid1

liquid1 Member

I just dont like spending money.:57:

Hammer likes this.
  2. Timmi

Timmi Site Supporter

how else you gonna get anything? :)

liquid1 likes this.
  3. KEETER

KEETER Member

Well just got back from WV yesterday after a couple weeks riding some new trails all the way up to and including Burning Rock which has some pay trails of their own system which were quite a bit of fun, also including a Zip Line as well. JBS had a ride and Tim, Any and I joined in last Saturday along with a few other such as Ray and Foly. Anyways I got to test out the new JBS Guards on my T2 with great results as I hit something hard that barely dented them as with the thin OEM guards would have bust my floorboard I'm sure. Also I got to test with great results the new arched A Arms I put on with GP Bushings that cleared rocks that I usually were bumping. These A Arms also gave me 1.5 inchs lift and 1.5 forward offset on Frt and same rearward as well back for better tire clearance. I'm finally getting my Duece broken in now with 1400 plus miles on it so far the only thing I've found bad was a seal leaking @ front output shaft on my diff going to the frt shaft and a outter boot on rear cv has a small hole.
    So now it's sitting in JBS's garage getting some TLC and a few R&D parts on the clutch that he's been wanting to do for the 16 & 17 Teryx since they are different than the 14 & 15s which are also different than the 12 & 13s, seems Kawa is always improving their stuff every 2 yrs. Hope to have some info on how much more tourqe this thing will have by first of the month.

liquid1, Timmi and Hammer like this.
  4. Timmi

Timmi Site Supporter

Dang I gotta get out and ride, I haven't been since James' spring ride in April. I got less than 500 miles on the wolvy and I've had it a year.

liquid1 likes this.
  5. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dang, Timmi, I have almost 2500 on mine. You need to get out and ride!

liquid1 likes this.
  6. blackbirdxp1k

blackbirdxp1k Site Supporter

Well I haven't been riding as much either. My rzr xp 1000 though does have 2,200 miles on it with only the voltage regulator being fixed. Everything else is original parts, even the belt. Everything is still tight, and not needing to be replaced.

liquid1 likes this.
  7. optistartremote

optistartremote New Member

Today i changed engine oil of my ATV nd cleaned the air filter :08:

blackbirdxp1k likes this.
  8. KEETER

KEETER Member

I'm still spending that moolaa, today a guy agreed to buy my 16 T2 Fox shocks so I went ahead and called Ted at Bandit and talked to him about the wants and needs for my Duece. He told me about making just a few set of 2" longer bandits for 6" SATV arched Arms which wouldn't work on mine but advised me to order the heavier spring package and how it would make my ride softer vs the liter spring due to my weight/tools, Etc.
    Great talk and he remembered talking to me in May about cost vs difference in performance of the 16 Optimized shocks compared to Bandit and at the time not being enough difference to offset cost but after doing more testing he thinks it will help my back more so than before. On another note he told me that all orders are done online now with no orders on phone anymore, so I placed my order and saw where they were shipped within the hour of my order being placed.
    Now when I went back to my emails I received a $50 refund from them where they gave me a black Friday discount after the fact having never mentioning it. If their service stays like that I will put their stuff on all my future rides. Thank you Bandit Shock Company and Ted.

9. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like great customer service! everyone I know running the Bandits seem very happy

KEETER likes this.
  10. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Replaced the steel winch cable with synthetic rope today. That cable was tied up in a birds nest, lol

My 660 likes this.
  11. KEETER

KEETER Member

Jack what size winch are you running and what brand rope did you end up going with and size/length.

12. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

I have a Superwinch Terra 45 and the rope I bought is 1/4 inch. Rated to 7500 pounds. I wanted to buy from Blitzkrueg but they don't sell anything bigger than 3/16"

KEETER likes this.
  13. KEETER

KEETER Member

Jack who did you end up buying the 1/4 rope from?

14. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

eBay. Dyneema, I think

KEETER likes this.