Welcome to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Forums. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Wyoming Spring Time

Discussion in 'Western Regional Rides and Events' started by Kenny G, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

We got 15" of new snow on the mountain this weekend and another 5" of wet melt-in snow in the valley. I'm so ready to either put the tracks back on or get the heck out of town and ride the 'Red Desert' of Utah that I can just about taste it. 3 more days and they say 70-80* temps in Moab, the Duramax is ready to blow smoke and get to the blacktop. I can't wait, Friday night were doing "Hells Revenge' one of my favorite trails, then 7 mile on Saturday, and I'll guide Kane Creek on Sunday and hopefully 'Top of The World' on Monday as most will be leaving and maybe hit that trail out of town as they go. I'll be riding until Wednesday or longer if things go well.

liquid1 and Hammer like this.
  2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Jealous!
    Kenny, I'll be in Laramie in may, I hope it warms up a little!

liquid1 and Kenny G like this.
  3. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

Best pack your winter jacket, Jack. 7200' elevation, they call Laramie the 'Gem City'. You doing work at Wyo-Tech? If you like Mexican food there's a little place on the west side about a block from the tracks, can't remember the name but the Chavez's ran it, across the street from Bud's Bar, and if you've got a good arm you could throw a rock from the Buckhorn Bar on the other side of the tracks and hit it, lol.... Ate at the Mexican place right at the end of the track over-pass, west side, and he's got some good green chili, use to be an ole grocery store years ago.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    liquid1 and Hammer like this.
  4. Hammer

Hammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep, I'll be there for 2 nights for meetings with the department coordinators for that campus

5. Kenny G

Kenny G Site Supporter

Snowed here again today, I'd be excited but the tracks have been off for almost a month now! Another month before I'll be able to ride into the cabin!!

Hammer likes this.